Monday, April 1, 2013

My Position

Coming into this class I really didn't know much at all about the conflict, nor was it something I usually thought about. After learning about the history, what each side wants or feels they deserve and why, I'm not sure the Palestinians will ever be able to be treated fairly under a governing body made up of Israeli citizens who feel so strongly against them. As for my position, I believe that each side deserves equal rights and to be self-governing. I feel that the best way to be fair to each side would be to use a two state solution.  Though for the two states to live side by side together might be just as difficult for them and their governments, but I still feel it would be a better solution than keeping the Palestinians in the same country isolated by fences without citizenship or passports.  After things the Israeli government has put the Palestinian people I support them wanting a place of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment